Get your whites ready, take out the strawberries and cream, pour yourself a glass of Pimm’s; Wimbledon is upon us!
The third and most traditional Grand Slam of the season starts this Monday. As is tradition, the defending champion, Novak Djokovic, will get to open the party on the mythical Centre Court. At 13:00 local time (8:00 EDT), the world number one, who completed his career Grand Slam at the French Open and is looking for his fifth consecutive major title, will take on British wild card James Ward.
The half of the women’s defending champion, Serena Williams, will start their tournament on Tuesday.
Featured matches – Day 1
On Monday, the men’s top half, as well as the women’s bottom half, will be in action to kick off the tournament. On top of Novak Djokovic, seven-time champion Roger Federer will also be in action. On the women’s side, the French Open champion and world number two, Garbiñe Muguruza, will play her first-round match.
Here are the featured matches for Day 1. Please note that except for the first match on a court, the hours are approximative and may change.
-  Ivo Karlovic vs Borna Coric (11:30 local – 6:30 EDT)
- Kyle Edmund vs Adrian Mannarino (11:30 local – 6:30 EDT)
-  Philipp Kohlschreiber vs Pierre-Hugues Herbert (11:30 local – 6:30 EDT)
-  Novak Djokovic vs James Ward (13:00 local – 8:00 EDT)
-  Venus Williams vs Donna Vekic (13:00 local – 8:00 EDT)
-  Lucie Safarova vs Bethanie Mattek-Sands (13:30 local – 8:30 EDT)
- Grigor Dimitrov vs Bjorn Fratangelo (13:30 local – 8:30 EDT)
-  Kei Nishikori vs Sam Groth (14:30 local – 9:30 EDT)
-  Garbiñe Muguruza vs Camila Giorgi (15:00 local – 10:00 EDT)
-  Milos Raonic vs Pablo Carreño Busta (15:00 local – 10:00 EDT)
-  Roger Federer vs Guido Pella (16:30 local – 11:30 EDT)
-  Gaël Monfils vs Jérémy Chardy (16:30 local – 11:30 EDT)
-  Pablo Cuevas vs Andrey Kuznetsov (16:30 local – 11:30 EDT)
TV and streaming options for Wimbledon 2016
The majority of the Wimbledon matches have TV or streaming.
TV: Depending on your region
In Canada: TSN (TV and online)
Are you ready?
(Photo: Getty Images)